WHO WE ARE
Established in 2007, and officially opened in 2008, the Jewish History Museum is housed today within the first synagogue of the Arizona Territory. Built in 1910, the museum is a landmark building that fulfills its mission to preserve, collect, exhibit and teach the Jewish heritage of Southern Arizona by offering a robust set of exhibitions, programs, events and outreach opportunities that highlight items and artifacts from its permanent collection or through community partnerships with other organizations.
The Jewish History Museum preserves the historic Stone Avenue Temple building and the history of the Jewish people of Southern Arizona. Through collection, exhibition, programs and education, the Jewish History Museum with the Holocaust History Center enriches the present and strengthens our community toward a more just and peaceful future.